Friday, January 28, 2011

What a Catch! ~ ScrapFIT Workout #36

This is such a fun photo of Elizabeth and Maria at Morrow Mountain State Park in North Carolina.  We were taking a hike along this meandering stream and the girls couldn't resist playing on the fallen logs.  Elizabeth's walking stick became a "fishin' pole."

I created this layout for ScrapFIT Workout #36.  The challenge is to use paper strips from at least two manufacturers and to include a strip or row of embellishments.


I pulled out this kit of paper and embellishments received from Cheryl at Scrap-Friendzy from my participation in Scrap-University back in September.  These Basic Grey papers were the perfect backdrop for the fun and quirky photo.  The punched butterflies and acrylic arrow were also from that gorgeous package of goodies.

I had just the right paper strips to form a background for the photo.  I placed a thin strip on the center of each of the wider strips, then stitched down the edges, which were inked and distressed (All four strips were from different companies).  

I have four additional "strips" of embellishments on this LO: the inking on two sides of the page; the strip of lace that I altered with Walnut Ink; the layered flower and butterflies which I  freehand dry embossed with a stylus, shaped, inked and created the bodies out of paper clay; and the fussy cut strip on the bottom.

Here is a close-up of a portion of the fussy cut border and flowers:

And a close-up of one of the butterflies:

This sketch from Scrap-Friendzy's January Scrap-a-thon #6 was used for inspiration.  I flipped the sketch, put the paper strips on a diagonal, and added embellishments around the edges.


I also entered this in the Southern Girl's Dry Embossing Challenge - the butterflies were freehand dry embossed with a stylus.

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Blessings ~

5 comments:

  1. Love your layout!!! Adorable butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great layout! i love the butterflies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracey! I just wanted to stop by to thank you for your nice comment on my Moxie Fabber of the Week feature on the Moxie Fab World blog! Thank you very much!! I am so honored to have been featured!!

    Love your layout! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Layour! Love those butterflies! Thanks for joining us at SG!
    xxAutumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you found me on the link up party..your layouts are just beautiful. the elements used are so pretty...flowers..fabric borders. I love it...I also love that I mostly see scrapbook layouts wihch is the whole reaon I began scrapping. I'm excited to see more.
    Lisa Lo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.